Wednesday, October 5, 2011

First Post

Welcome. There isn't going to be anything 'amazing' or 'awesome'. This is simply a web area that I can permanently store info that I or others may need in the future.

This will be my first nugget of info.

I've been having problems with Google's calendar button for Google toolbar. It stopped refreshing several months ago and I finally got around to troubleshooting it. This was with IE8, several versions of toolbar, and WinXP SP3.

Clicking the button's arrow would result in the message 'Refresh (Incompatible Version)' and nothing else. I tried several refreshes, uninstalling/reinstalling (both toolbar and button) and other various ideas. The solution was more simple than this.

There is an error in the code that google used in writing the button. The code was located in
"C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Toolbar Sync\UJF7R5H77LFM1F2EROHI\Custom Buttons\"

There are several .xml files here. Open each with your favorite file editor until you find the one for the calendar button. It'll be pretty obvious which one it is. Now, scroll down almost to the bottom looking for the line that starts with 'feed'. Now look where it says "". Simple change http: to https:

That's all it took for me. You may need to restart your browser.

Hope this helps someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment